Aquarelle shopping centre in Togliatti is the first mall in Russia to be certified under BREEAM New Construction 2013 with a Very Good rating. This project owned by Ceetrus Russia, is the first Togliatti’s commercial property which had been rated so highly in all key categories (energy and water saving, transport accessibility and management). Aquarelle certification was carried out by the global real estate consultancy JLL.
The environmental policy is an integral part of Ceetrus’s business, all Ceetrus projects are designed to meet international energy efficiency standards. By introducing innovative solutions, Ceetrus acts as the market driver for new materials and technology, raising ecological awareness and substantially decreasing negative impact on the environment.
Aquarelle shopping centre became the first local project of Ceetrus to be BREEAM certified both at design and post construction stages. A popular retail park format, Aquarelle (62,500 sq m GBA, 41,100 sq m GLA) opened in Central Togliatti in April, 2017. Visitors enjoy a free, 2,600-car parking lot.
The project employed energy efficient solutions throughout all stages, e.g. preparation works and design. Thanks to smooth processes and thorough accuratescheduling, BREEAM additional costs were seriously cut down.
Key environmental features of Aquarelle mall include but are not limited to the following:
- Energy efficiency 23% higher as compared to ASHRAE 90.1 baseline;
- Water efficiency 60% higher as compared to local norms, thanks to water-saving plumbing equipment;
- Separate metering of energy and water usage to increase efficiency of building management efforts;
- Togliatti’s first-ever separate waste collection scheme was implemented;
- Smart air conditioning and lightening to keep the environment natural and comfortable;
- Proper installations for limited mobility people, applying international best practices in terms of accessibility;
- Plumbed in drinking water stations installed in public zones for visitors as well as employees;
- Encouraged use of transport means alternative to private cars (e.g public transport and cycling);
- Parking lot drains purified by local treatment facilities; ozone-safe coolants used;
- Environmentally responsible practices encouraged during the construction works.